Friday, September 3, 2010

The Beginning of a New Life

Hey everyone! Since Jeremy and I have friends and family all over the country we thought starting a blog would be a fun and neat way to let everyone know what is going on with us. I am still learning how to do everything with the blog so things might change, however, I will try and give you an update at least once a week. This first one might be a long one because we have so much to tell you!

Jeremy and I got married on July 31, 2010. We were so blessed to have friends and family from all over come to celebrate with us. As many of you know that day was overcast until time for us to walk down the isle, then the rain started. We were so lucky that our guest were so understanding and willing to go sit out in the rain. One of the most heartwarming things to me is several of our guest went out and helped dry the seats (we have some amazing people in our lives). We really enjoyed the reception because we were able to spend time with so many of our loved ones. Someone pointed out that we had the perfect first dance song because the song at one point says, " I never worry if it's rainin' out side...cause' in here with you girl the sun always shines".  One thing we wont be able to forget from the night is some of the men in attendance could really dance! The only thing I think would have made the day better would have been to hear Papa Joe sing our favorite song I'm Gonna Love You Forever (by Randy Travis). However, Papa Joe sang the song to us the other night when we went to his house and it was absolutely beautiful! What an amazing wedding day we had thanks to our friends and family!

For our honeymoon we went on a cruise to the Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport Bahamas. We left out of Baltimore, MD and had two days at sea, three excursion days, and one day at sea on the way home. We got up the morning after the wedding to drive there because the boat left at 5 that day. Apparently we should have planned a little better because we almost didn't make it in time. We were a little stressed out getting there, but once we got there everything seemed to calm down and we were able to enjoy ourselves. We spent half of our time on the boat eating and sleeping because we were so exhausted from all the excitement. Our favorite excursion was the snorkeling and sting ray adventure in the Grand Turks. While snorkeling we saw a really neat sea turtle, some barracudas, and other neat fish. Then we got to hold a huge sting ray and if you kissed the barb then you got seven years good luck! We had a blast on the cruise and would love to go on one again someday!

Now to some of the most exciting news....Jeremy and I are expecting a baby in March! That's right, I'm pregnant! Jeremy and I are so excited because we knew that we wanted kids right away! I am currently 14 weeks along, which means I am already past my first trimester. The first trimester went well. I never got sick, although I did get nauseous every once in a while but it was very few and far between. The main symptom I have is I am extremely tired and very hungry. I am having trouble finding motivation every day, but I hear this gets better during the second trimester. We have been to the doctor and heard the heartbeat and seen the baby wiggling around. We are so blessed! I am beginning to show just a little (if you look really hard). I have another doctors appointment coming up soon and we will keep you posted on how things are going!

We are going to a wedding this weekend and the VT game with some friends. We can't wait to spend some time relaxing and watching some football!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, such great news!! Congrats to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, congratulations on your wedding! I am so happy to see you truly happy in life. It is also wonderful to hear about your little one...it is an amazing adventure and I know you will be an exceptional mother =)

    Katie Major...aka Craig ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Any idea when in March there will be a little Marks again?

    Love,
    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete