Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trip to DC

As some of you may know we have been working on remodeling our house. We are putting in more cabinets, tearing down a wall between the dining room and kitchen, and installing a fireplace upstairs. We have already put down a new tile floor (which was necessary thanks to Miley our dog who ate our laminate flooring). This weekend we bought new cabinets from Home Depo. These were on sale but were unfinished. Now Jeremy is going to work all week on staining and installing these cabinets. He has worked so hard and the place is really starting to come together. I am sure I will have more to tell you as we work more on these projects!

On Sunday we traveled up to Fredericksburg, VA for Kristi and Mike's wedding. The wedding was beautiful! The weather was perfect for a wedding and the wedding was right on a beautiful lake. Jeremy and I were excited about this wedding because we got to sit back and enjoy it. They had a live band play at the reception which was a lot of fun and the band was really good. Jeremy and I actually didn't dance much though because were were enjoying visiting with our friends from D.C. and enjoyed watching everyone.

Monday was a BIG day for us Hokie fans! Jeremy and I traveled up to Washington D.C. to go to the VT vs. Boise game. We knew that this was going to be an exciting game (but we had no idea how exciting it was going to be). We tailgated at a bar in D.C. and got a free bus ride to the game. We were so lucky because we had great seats for the game (Thanks Tiffany and John!). We had first row endzone seats and it just happened that most of the action went down in that endzone. It was impossible not to be up yelling and cheering during this game. I tried to apologize to the baby for the stress and explain that soon enough the baby would understand why mom is so worked up! When Boise State scored the final touchdown apparently Jeremy and I were shown on ESPN. They said I looked like I was about to cry (which sounds about right). We are disappointed in the loss but still had a great time at the game!

Okay, Jeremy and I LOVE football season. With the Hokies and Steelers games how can you not love this time of year? Now we have another reason to love football season, we joined a fantasy league together. We picked our team and now have to figure out how to play them by tomorrow night! This should be interesting.

The baby and I are doing well. We go to the doctor next Wednesday. I am starting to have more energy and I am noticing more and more my little bump. We will update you more when we have some news!

No comments:

Post a Comment