Friday, May 20, 2011

The Enemy (continued)

The bottle saga continues! We have now purchased every type of bottle known to man kind, spent at least $50-$75 or more, and have had no success. Sometimes he cries when he sees the bottle and sometimes he chews on the bottle. I finally called lactation to which I got the response "he just may never take a bottle". Um, that is not an option little boy!!! I was "bad" and put milk in a sippy cup and poured a little in his mouth at a time. He actually took an ounce and did very well with it. However, I am too much of a chicken (and a rules follower) so we will wait a little longer to continue that. We will keep trying to get him to take the bottle but it sounds like until he is old enough for a sippy cup (at what age is it okay to give them one?) it appears like he will still be attached to me. ::Sigh::

1 comment:

  1. Caroline was the same way! I thought she would never take a bottle. She would chew on it sometimes, but wouldn't drink it. When I realized she finally took the the pacifier some, I thought, maybe she'll take the bottle. One day, I heated only a little 1.5 oz and she finally took it. I fed it to her too. I know they say usually Mom can't feed it to her, but she wouldn't take it from Brandon. I figured, maybe because she knows me as the food source? We use the Nuk bottles because that's the only pacifier she takes. Have you tried the bottle that is most like mom? I think its Just Born brand. They are pricey though! My lactation consultant said its like riding a bike, you have to introduce it gradually and try it at different times (before,during, after feeding, when hungry, or not) Good luck! I bet he'll surprise you one day and just take it!

    ReplyDelete