Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Summer Time

Sorry for the delay in writing a new post, the past week has been a little crazy! On Sunday Bentleys belly button became infected, so Monday morning off to the doctors office we go. The doctor had to cauterize his belly button because his umbilical cord did not fall all the way off. While we were there I asked the doctor to check his ears (he had been pulling on his right ear for some time now. (I had previously called about this but was told that he was too young to show he had an ear infection). Guess what…he had an ear infection! Then his belly did not like the first antibiotic so they switched him to a different one, but his belly doesn’t care much for this one either. Shew! Let’s hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Ben has been doing well other than that. He really enjoys playing with his older cousins, he has started watching them more and loves when they lie in the floor and play with him. He also thinks my dad (grandaddy) is hilarious, especially his tickly mustache. He likes to sit up, stand up, and he loves being outside! Boy are we gonna have our hands full when he can walk.

I have decided to start up a mommy group in my area. I am very excited about this. I wanted a way to hang out with other moms and let Bentley meet other kids. Everything I checked into had a fee to participate, so I decided that I had so many friends with children and who really wants to pay a fee? I am hoping to do this with little pressure, kinda a come when you want and can group. I made a facebook page for the group and will send out information on different play dates. I was even thinking it might give me someone to go with and take Bentley to the zoo or other neat places I wouldn’t do alone while Jeremy is working. Like I said, I am really excited about this and hope that this is a fun way for Ben to meet some friends and for me to have some adult time with other girls!

Jeremy, Bentley, and I have taken a couple trips down to the greenway (a trail that is supposed to connect Salem, Roanoke, and Vinton that follows the Roanoke river. We walked several miles the first day, but realized that it is not that easy to walk this trail tends to be more for bike riders and got a little annoying dodging all the bikes. So on Saturday we went over to Joe and Yvonnes and “stole” a bike for me to ride and they also had a pull along wagon thingy (for lack of better words) that you strap kids in. We put Bentley’s car seat in it and we were off on an 8 mile bike ride. It was the perfect cloudy day for it as well and we really enjoyed it, Bentley fell asleep. We are planning on tackling a 17 mile trail soon (thanks to Cari who sent us a pass for the shuttle). This was our warm up.

This week we have no real plans except to hang out and enjoy each other (I like these types of weeks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment