Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back To School

Back to school time- I must admit is a little bitter sweet for me. Being passionate about my teaching, it is hard for me to miss the most exciting time of the year. The beginning of the year brings so much excitement about your new class and new ideas. I keep hearing so many of my friends talk about going back to work and setting up their classrooms, I keep getting a tang of jealousy. That jealousy is quickly settled when I look at Bentley and know that I get to spend every day with the cutest boy in the world, watching him learn and explore. I get even more excited about the holidays and all the activities we are going to get to explore together! I am also excited for the cold winter days I can stay in my jammies and drink hot chocolate. I know that it will be challenging but I am excited to be a stay at home mommy, sometimes is just need a little reminder!

Ben is being such a big boy. He is sleeping all night in his own bed. He can scoot forward and sometimes even crawls (he is getting a lot better with this and often takes 5 or 6 crawls and then falls to his tummy). Tonight for the first time he went from a crawling position to a sitting up position. He is into everything! He takes big boy baths now, and loves them!

Jeremy and I are making an offer on the house that we like and are going to try to sell our house. We have a feeling that things are going to fall through, but we feel like we should at least try. We are going to be okay with the outcome either way. We are excited to see where this journey takes us.

I must admit I am crazy about some football. We have a wedding to attend this weekend, then Jeremy is going on a bachelor party next weekend, and then the weekend after that is FOOTBALL….not just any football though VT FOOTBALL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE football. However, I am not too excited about tailgating. Yes, I actually like to watch the football game, not play drunken games. Tailgating is always a little hard on me because Jeremy enjoys playing the games. This usually causes some friction between Jeremy and I. I would prefer to be in the game or at home where it is warm watching the game, instead of sitting outside watching the game on a small tv. It will be interesting this football season to see how Bentley changes things. (Jeremy’s response to this is “I can take the big TV to any game you want”….he clearly doesn’t understand I want the action or warmth.)

I cannot believe that the days are getting cooler. Bentley and I go outside in the morning and enjoy the fresh are. This is my favorite time of day because it is so peaceful and quiet outside. Bentley and I often look at the trees and the birds and sometimes I will tell Bentley all about nature. It is the perfect way to start my day!

I cannot wait for the wedding this weekend…I have some cute outfits to put Bentley in! I will def. take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment