Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Celebrations

I hope everyone is doing well! Things are going great here!
Bentley is being such a big boy these days! He now sits up all by himself (he only face plants every once in a while). He is also getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. He can crawl backwards, but doesn’t yet realize how to move his hands (he moves his knees) in order to go forward. Bentley is also getting his first tooth! We can feel it barely poking through the skin. He spends most of his days shoving whatever he can get his hands on in his mouth. We have lots of ice teethers and other chewy things for him to use. He has been a little bit fussy due to the whole new teeth thing (who can blame him?) Bentley is doing really well with self-soothing himself to sleep. It was actually a very easy process. He barely cries anymore and just rolls over to his tummy and falls asleep. We have our angelcare monitor working (it alarms you if they stop breathing) and our video monitor. Last night he slept all night in his crib without waking up to nurse once (although I was still up throughout the night checking on him).

Jeremy and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Sunday. It is hard to believe it has been a year already! It has been the most amazing and blessed year of my life. I am not gonna lie though, it has been a tough year as well, with a new baby and all. To celebrate we had dinner at the country club. It was raining like it was last year, which made us feel like it was a sign. Then we got a movie to watch while little man was sleeping. We of course ate our delicious wedding cake, which was actually not to shabby for being a year old. Jeremy bought me 2 dozen roses. Pictures to come (when I can find my camera)!

Monday is my birthday. I am really over dramatic about my birthday. Jeremy took the day off. I always celebrate with one of my friends during the week by going to lunchhbu (whose birthday is also this week). I am excited that this is my first birthday being a mom (although one present I would like is some sleep).

1 comment: