Thursday, March 17, 2011

Days and Nights

Sorry it has been so long since our last post...we have been a little preoccupied with the little man here! We are so happy to have him here and are trying to adjust to "his" schedule. Bentley is a very typical little boy and has his nights and days mixed up (which means mommy and daddy have long nights). It is kinda funny because when we say we got no sleep people look at us like we are crazy because he is always sleeping so peacefully during the day. However, you cant get upset with little man because he makes the cutest faces and has the most precious smile! We are excited now that things are calming down that we can start getting in a routine. Mommy is quickly learning to sleep when he sleeps. The dogs have adjusted nicely to him being around and often come to get mommy when he starts to cry. We are so excited to see him make progress and try new things (like lifting his head up and following us with his eyes). I know that we will have so many fun things to update you with as we watch him grow!

Mommy and Daddy are slowly getting adjusted to the changes in our life. Bentley is our very first priority now and we enjoy the time we get to spend with him. Jeremy and I have both been sick which has made things a little more difficult than expected. Jeremy got sick after going to retrieve my pain medicine from the pharmacy after I got home from the hospital. I had to sleep out on the couch with the baby so that both baby and I were healthy. Then this week I got an infection which shot my temperature up to 102 (this is the sickest I have been in a long time). Jeremy was immediately put on baby duty as all I was able to do was sleep, eat, and feed the baby. I must say that we have really been a good team working together (and sometimes separately when the other person couldn't). Jeremy's grandma and Aunt Diane came into town to visit us and we loved to spend time and see all four generations together. Jeremy's grandpap also came into town and got to see his first great grandson. I was very sad though because we did not get to spend as much time with him as we had hoped, as this is when I got my infection. Family is so important to us and we want Bentley to know, love, and respect his wonderful family.

I will post some pictures soon...for some reason my computer wont load them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment