Monday, September 19, 2011

Always Learning

It is getting increasingly difficult to update my blog due to the increasing mobility of Bentley and trying to keep the house clean so here are some (other) things we have realized:
1. We can no longer eat at the coffee table. Bentley grabs everything off the coffee table, making dinner a little more exciting than we would like for it to be. Guess we are taking another step in growing up and eating a “the big table”. Jeremy wants to know why you can teach a dog to stay out of your food, but you can’t teach a baby?
2. We have a very healthy happy little boy: he is 19 pounds 2 oz. and 28 inches long. He can wave bye bye and is learning how to feed himself.
3. I have tons and tons of friends that are pregnant and seeing their pictures online makes me miss being pregnant. I mean, the kind of pregnant when you don’t have another kid to chase around (that just seems hard).
4. Housework is never finished, you get done with something and then have to start over again.
5. Shopping with a baby is soo difficult. You have to park near the carts, put the baby in the carts, deal with people constantly stopping you to tell you how cute your baby is, then inevitably you get to the check-out and have forgotten something, ya know- wallet, milk, everything on your list. You get the picture!
6. Most people assume you no longer want to do things, so you no longer get invited. We are still young- we like to have a beer (well one of us at least, the other is still alcohol free). We just can no longer go to a bar, we believe in taking care of our child and only doing things that are child friendly (i.e.- cookouts, hanging out at a house, dinner).
7. Bringing me to my next point- I very rarely drink, however, since having Bentley I have been craving a beer…just one.
8. Fall is finally here. I am excited for cool weather (but not as cool as it was this past weekend at the tailgate…that was just down right cold)! On the same subject, I do not think we will be taking Bentley to any more tailgates if it was as cold as it was on Saturday. He was not having fun and I would rather him be able to play than have to be held all day in a blanket.
9. I love Breastfeeding! I am currently in the process of weaning, but have realized how much I enjoyed that time spent with him. I am going to miss it. I had a couple rough weeks in the beginning but it was TOTALLY worth it!
10. I remember sitting in my moms arms as she rocked me in a rocking chair and thinking about how amazing my parents are and how that was the best feeling in the world. I thought that my parents were the best things in the world and when I was snuggled up life was perfect. As I was holding Bentley today I had similar emotions…life was perfect! I hope that Jeremy and I can be everything Bentley thinks that we are.


P.S.- We have some really AWESOME pictures to show you once we get a cord to download them :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about a clean house. As Phyllis Diller said she refused to clean her house until the kids were all gone because it only gets dirty again. A child will remember the things you did and said but not a clean house. A little dirt never hurt anyone. Enjoy Bentley now because he will grow up so fast.

    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete