Thursday, September 1, 2011

Survived

I survived. Jeremy was out of town for 3 nights for a bachelor party this past weekend. It was very challenging to take care of Bentley all by myself (with a little help from my parents and Jeremy’s parents). Bentley hasn’t been sleeping well (per my previous post). However, Bentley and I both survived and I was soo excited to see Jeremy when he got home! He is such a good daddy! One of my favorite parts of the weekend was the fact that my nephew Brendan and my niece Lauren spent the night. We played VTechopoly and watched Soul Surfer. I think they had a good time. I know I sure did, I love spending time with them!

Bentley is such a big boy. Not only is he crawling, but he is also pulling himself up to a standing position and taking steps (while holding on to something) to move places. He wants to learn and is eager to explore everything. He interacts with me. I am afraid he is starting stranger anxiety though since he cries when I leave the room. I just love every minute with him!

On Saturday Bentley will be 6 months! I can’t believe it. One of the milestones though is the fact that I have been breastfeeding Bentley for 6 months. This is a MAJOR deal! I mean, if you read some of the post I put up when Bentley was first born, you will remember how tough it was for me. We have made it to our marked date of where we wanted to. If you nurse for the first 6 months of a baby’s life they will have life long benefits from breastfeeding! YAY US! With that being said we have started the weaning process (for personal and family reasons). It will most likely still be another month or two before he is completely weaned. I also will hopefully have enough breastmilk saved to continue feeding him once or twice a day breastmilk until he is one year old (which is also a big accomplishment)! I am feeling pretty proud of Bentley and I…..breastfeeding is not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment