Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Best Time of Year

Basically, our lives continue to center around working on the house! We finally have stone going on the fireplace (YAY!). It is looking great but is a very slow process, Jeremy keeps telling me it is like working a jigsaw puzzle. I am completely amazed at the wonderful work he has done and continues to do. Thanks to Mike and Papa Joe who have helped him this week! We also put in new lights in the dining room and kitchen and they look great! Shew, I feel like things are starting to come together, which is important since we only have 10 more weeks until little man is here!

This week I was supposed to work five days, however, with the upcoming holiday one teacher canceled and then we had two snow days. What an easy unexpected week for me. On Monday I was with a really cute first grade class (that I have been with several times this year), they finally realized I was going to have a baby. The students were so cute because they were really excited and would rub my belly and talk to the baby. One student even begged to rub my feet (I would not allow him to do so!). They even told their teacher the next day about me having a baby! This next week is going to be light as well since the kids only go to school a day and a half before getting out on Christmas break. However, I do get to go in on Monday to be in a Kindergarten room (the kids are going to be WILD).  I have to say these days have been very helpful in getting things done for Christmas and around the house. I am determined to have this house clean and looking nice by the time the baby gets here!

This week the baby has been fairly active. It is really neat to feel elbows and arms just kinda roll across the stomach. I have found it is really neat to feel the baby move at night when I am laying on my side. Jeremy gets excited when he feels the baby move and talks to it telling him to "give him a high five".  For me these days sleep is something I dread. Everyone tells you to get as much sleep as you can before the baby comes. That is easier said than done. I get up some mornings after have only slept for 3 to 4 hours. I sometimes have to make potty breaks in the middle of the night up to 5 times! The hips continue to be the only ouchy part of the pregnancy. They hurt so badly by morning that I wake up in tears. I will be very happy to sleep (even for an hour) on my stomach! This week I also learned that I need to start slowing down. I typically walk on the treadmill for about 20-30 mins. each day. I am also cleaning and scrubbing the house, going to the grocery store, trying to find Christmas presents, cooking dinner, and of course spending time with the dogs. By the end of the day I am exhausted and things are achy, like my back and feet! I am trying to still do everything but with a lot more breaks and not as much at one time! We will see how this next week goes.

We are really looking forward to Christmas with our families and hope that everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!

P.S. Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a couple of good nights of sleep before the baby comes! Oh and maybe all the construction projects finished and the house clean! Please!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! I hope Santa brings you all you want. Merry Christmas!

    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete