Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Holidays

It has been a while since my last post. Things have been extremely busy around here, plus my computer got a virus and is no longer working (lucky for me Jeremy has lots of computers in the house). We are continuing to work on the house to get it ready for baby. The fireplace has been moving along. We now have gas running to it and Jeremy is framing it in and getting ready to put the stone around it. We are very lucky to have some wonderful friends and family that are willing to come over and help Jeremy get this project finished. It makes us feel very loved knowing that they are willing to work on their days off in order to help us out. While Jeremy has been working on the fireplace I have been working on rearranging the house. We now have a nursery and a office downstairs. My mom helped me put together the crib and dresser (better yet I helped my mom, since she did most of the work). Some days I feel like the house is finally coming together, other days I feel like we have a million things still left to do.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Jeremy and I watched the parade while cooking a turkey for my family. My aunt and uncle typically cook the turkey but my aunt had recently had knee surgery so Jeremy and I offered to do it.  We go to my aunt and uncles for lunch with my family. One of my favorite family traditions is my mom and aunt put together out first "Christmas present" of the year which consist of lots of things to decorate the house with or holiday clothing. Next, we go to Jeremy's parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. We really enjoy the quiet time just chatting with family over at his parents house. It is always so calm and relaxing there (this might be the last year though because next year we will have babies at dinner). I get so excited for Thanksgiving because it kicks off my favorite time of year. I really enjoy Christmas time and I have decided that it is because of the children in my life. I really love all the cute Christmas plays and activities children do in the schools and I enjoy seeing them be excited about the big day! If you don't know what I am talking about you should spend a day in a kindergarten or first grade classroom near Christmas time.

The baby has changed so much recently. I have gotten much larger recently (even though I have actually lost a little weight, the belly continues to grow). I now have trouble getting out of the water bed, so Jeremy and I are looking at buying a regular mattress for the bed instead. It is starting to get uncomfortable when I don't move for a long time or if I am on my feet a lot. The baby's movements have changed. It is not so much kicking anymore as stretching and I feel it on both sides of my body at the same time. The baby has also found my ribs and thought that they would be fun to kick. I actually enjoy being able to feel the baby more and he has been a lot more active recently. Having the nursery set up has made the baby's upcoming arrival more exciting. We are actually making a home for the little guy!

We hope that everyone has a happy and safe holidays and enjoy being around loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment