Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Me Time

So, things have been kinda hectic around here the past several days (when are they not though). Last Wedndesday we got a clear bill of health from the doctor, meaning Jeremy was free to go on his man ski trip with his brother, dad, and friends. This was a very good trip for Jeremy, he got to ski which he LOVES but has not gotten to do this year. However, I do think it is fair to say he may have had too much fun (he came home and didn't look so good and immediately asked for a nap). He also said how much the weekend made him relax and he was able to think about me and the baby and how much he loved us (which is always nice to hear), he was very sweet all afternoon. While he was away on his boy trip I spent some time with my parents and pampering myself. On Saturday I got the best prenatal massage ever (thank you Yvonne), I think the girl thought I was crazy when I said I needed one a day for the next six weeks! Then, I went and got my hair cut to my shoulders. I have not had my hair this short in years and at first I cried but it is growing on me. I also bought my parents and niece, Lauren, dinner from Mac N Bobs (a yummy local restaurant). What a great weekend and to make it even better the Steelers are headed to the Superbowl!

A guy from Jeremy's work made the mantle for our fireplace for our wedding present and Jeremy hung that on Tuesday (I have to say he did have help by Alan from his work who has countless times went above and beyond to help us, THANK YOU!). It is so beautiful and we are so lucky that he was nice enough to do this for us! We will also be getting our granite for the fireplace this week making our fireplace complete! Yay! We also picked out the trim for the kitchen and will be putting that up this weekend.

This weekend is all about the baby! On Saturday my friend Kelly Shores is throwing me a baby shower. I am so excited to see all of my friends and family and share this special experience with them. On Sunday we are getting our maternity pictures taken in our house. I am very excited to get picture of my growing belly and it will be something special for Jeremy and I to remember this journey.

The baby is definitely growing and active. I can distinctly feel his feet in my ribs and the hiccups are really low now (I am hoping this means he is head down). I have had some stronger braxton hicks lately which is just my body's (not so nice) way of getting ready, they have been coming in the middle of the night and waking me up. We have our last childbirth class next week. We are so excited that February is approaching and we have a month until our baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment