Friday, January 7, 2011

Reality Hits

The first full week of January and reality is starting to hit us that the baby will be here in 8 weeks! Jeremy has taken some time off from house work because we have had several things to do this week. We went to our first birthing class and we had dinner with some friends and met their sweet new baby girl, Abigail. However, things are going to have to pick back up this weekend because we have decided to take my maternity pictures in our house on January 30th, which means everything needs to be finished by then! It will be so nice to have things kinda complete though and it is always nice to have a deadline because it gives your a reason to get the work done (like the baby wasn't deadline enough?).

The birthing class was very interesting. We were surprised to find that many of the people in the class are our age or older. The first part was very interesting where we learned some terms of labor and the first stage. Even though I knew most of the information I think it is good for Jeremy to learn it and it reassures me when things start happening not to freak out that it is normal! The second part was breathing and relaxation techniques. Jeremy fell asleep during this part (I guess he was relaxed)! All in all I feel like this is a good experience. We go back every Tuesday through the first week of February.

I am finally starting to get some good rest! For some reason my hips are not hurting me as badly at nights (although I do still have some rough nights). The baby is very active and I continue to grow! Jeremy and I have, for now, decided on a middle name so we now have a full name! Things are going well and I am taking it easy. Jeremy actually told me the other day that he thinks baby and I should take more naps during the day ...and who am I to argue?

I have not updated you about the dogs recently. They are spoiled rotten and love to take naps with me (see picture below). I feel like Coby is very aware of the baby in my belly as he will often come up and lick my belly (maybe its all the food that gets dropped on my big belly these days) and he will even rest his head and paws on my belly. Coby and Miley LOVE to play ball and chase, however, Coby will never let Miley have the ball. Miley though has found out how to get her brother back, she now hides all the balls under the couch where she can get to them but Coby cannot. Coby then whines at the couch all day and if I get a ball out Miley runs and steals it and sticks it back under the couch (which she then wags her tail and prances around proudly). Sibling love I guess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment