Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready or Not

Last year at this time Jeremy and I were getting ready to go to Las Vegas for Valentines day. I remember the excitement surrounding this trip, mainly because I am scared to death of flying! The Las Vegas trip remains one of my favorite trips I have ever taken! This trip is not only where Jeremy proposed...it is where I agreed to marry my best friend and the most amazing man I have ever met. When we first started dating we agreed that Valentines day should not be something we go overboard on and should not be made a big deal (boy, did he break that pact). I don't think that anything could ever compare to the 2010 Valentines day, however we are coming pretty close this year. It is hard to believe a year ago we were just planning our wedding, now we are planning to bring a baby into the world. This year we are spending the weekend together relaxing (hopefully). Jeremy was planning on taking me to Pigeon Forge, but the doctor has said no to that idea. Looks like instead we will be staying home with the dogs and waiting for our sweet baby boy to get here. Each year Valentines day reminds me of of how blessed I truly am!

Okay, I am going to get a little mushy. When I said Jeremy is an amazing man...I really meant it. There is no other man I have ever met that has been such a hands on and caring husband. Through the entire wedding process Jeremy and I made all of the decisions together, there was no I made a decision and he went with it. He has continued his support through this pregnancy. He has only missed one doctors appointment this entire time. He is always there holding my hand and asking questions. I know that Jeremy is going to be an amazing dad!

We have had a pretty busy week. I had to work Monday and Tuesday, and the rest of the week I have been using to get things ready for the baby. There were several small things that needed to get finished, like getting out the car seat and going to the store to get extra laundry detergent and toilet paper so that we don't have to worry about running out of that stuff the first couple days we come home from the hospital. Jeremy had promised that this week was going to be about relaxing for us... he has worked until at least 7:30 every night (and sometimes even until 1:00 in the morning). I have let him off the hook for the most part because once the baby gets here he wont be able to do this. I have actually encouraged him to do it now so he wont have to do it later. Hopefully, this weekend will be better and he will actually be able to relax.

BABY UPDATE: Okay, what I know everyone really reads this blog for. The baby. I had a doctors appointment today. I have dilated and effaced some more since last week. Baby is still in a head down position and could be here sooner rather than later. He continued to say that he would be surprised if I made it to my due date, which is only 3 weeks away. With me continuing to dilate and efface this means we are now playing a waiting game. I was given the go ahead to continue walking which helps things to continue to progress (just cant travel like Jeremy had wished). I have had some good days lately where I have felt great and have taken some great naps. Night times are a little harder with me being uncomfortable. One of the questions we have now is should I work next week? (next week will def. be my last week of work) All I can really say is I am ready to meet our baby boy!

Below are some pictures from Valentines weekend last year:

Monte Carlo where we stayed.


Hot air balloon ride

He proposed

The Rio where he proposed...you can see the staircase on top of the roof, that's where we were.

Just got engaged and already kissing another man (The Rock)

1 comment:

  1. Ok girl.....Just to let you know....I felt GREAT!!! right before I went into labor. I felt better than I had in weeks! I thought, there is no way this baby is coming, I feel wonderful! ha!
    And, no! don't work next week.....relax, sleeeeep!(it may be a while;)), do laundry, clean, pack your bag, make meals and freeze them, watch movies with your hubby, and get that nursery ready! Enjoy this last stage! THe next part, the baby part is awesome!, but you can't go back to this part ever again! so enjoy it, roll around in it!:)oh and if you have time....paint your toenails...if only so you feel like your toes are pretty while in labor!

    ReplyDelete