Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two Weeks To Go

We went to the doctors yesterday and he made the comment that I was READY to have this baby. What does that mean? That is left up to Jeremy and I to try and figure out. We do know that I am 75% effaced and 2 cm. dilated. According to the doctor the most important thing is to be effaced and I only have 25% to go. Let's hope that this means we get to meet our baby boy soon! The doctor did a stress test on the baby and I since his movements have slowed down. All this means is they hook you up to a contraction monitor and a heart monitor and make the baby move to make sure his heart rate goes up (and not down) when he moves. The doctor could see I was having several small contractions while I was there, and the baby came through the stress test perfectly. The doctor did have to wake the baby up to get him moving since he was sleeping and he did this by taking a thing that buzzes and vibrates and putting it on my belly, the baby freaked out! It was kinda funny (and kinda mean). His due date is only in 2 weeks and I cant wait to meet him.

I am no longer working and spending the days getting things ready for the baby and relaxing. I am also spending a lot of time (especially this week since it has been in the 60's) walking.

We will keep everyone updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment