Thursday, February 24, 2011

Still Waiting

Okay, so I have taken myself off the grid a little bit this week. I was actually able to help Jeremy with the tiling project so I worked for two days on that, we had a doctors appointment today, and tomorrow I am going to get a pedicure. People apparently have been convinced that I have been in the hospital because I haven't been facebook as much. To be honest my mood swings lately have left me being a little less sociable. I have been taught if you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all, therefore, I have not been saying anything at all. Other than the irritability I have been feeling well, especially during the day. Often during the day I feel wonderful and at night I get some pretty strong braxton hicks which leave me feeling kinda achy. I have been "treating" myself to a hot shower every night. It is actually the highlight of my day! Since it had been so pretty Jeremy and I have been taking the dogs walking for an hour every afternoon. The dogs have been loving the walking and actually get more worn out than I do.

The doctors appointment today went well. When we got there the doctor had just gotten a call to go deliver a baby (they were very apologetic...I told them I was just jealous and not to worry about it). Jeremy and I ventured over and tried out the cafeteria in the hospital for lunch. Finally we got the call that the doctor was back. Unfortunately nothing has changed (progression wise). He did say I was very very healthy though (which is a blessing) my blood pressure is great, my weight is right on target, the baby is doing well (as far as heart rate and being head down). We made an appointment for next Wednesday where he will do a sonogram and another stress test. They want to make sure the baby is still doing well and check the weight of the baby so that we can make a plan of action from there (how much longer they will let me go before being induced). He said he will let me go a week past due before he will induce me, but he also brought up that some information says my due date is actually this Sunday and not this Thursday so that will effect their decision as well. So it seems to me that I have at the most another two weeks before we meet our sweet boy! I am so overcome with emotions, I am excited to meet him, but scared about the whole process.


*Please pray that for me these next few weeks that I will be able to start labor naturally and that things will go well for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment