Saturday, April 16, 2011

Surgery Update

On Thursday I went into the hospital to have my surgery. I of course was nervous (and a little bit ridiculous). To say the least, I cried... a lot! It was so bad the nurses allowed Jeremy to come to the pre-op room (which they only do for 21 and younger). Like I said I was a little bit ridiculous, but that's why you love me! The surgery went well. When I woke up I was really angry that they didn't ask me to count back from 10. I also asked them if we had an earthquake (I guess I felt the bed moving when they moved me to recovery). When I got up to my room they got me settled in as I was supposed to stay the night. In three hours they checked on me once. I asked the doctor if I could go home since nobody was really checking on me. I felt like with my mom being next door, Jeremy and her could give me better care. The doctor was okay with me coming home.

My mom was a big help and brought me home from the hospital and Jeremy's parents helped watched Bentley that night. Jeremy has taken great care of Bentley and I! I think it has really been a bonding experience for Jeremy and Bentley. Jeremy has done well. Bentley protested the bottles a lot at first but has since accepted them. I am so happy to be on the road to recovery. We have so many fun things we want to do with Bentley!

No comments:

Post a Comment