Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Times Are Changing

Well, today I have lots of news to report! On Sunday, Dusty and Danielle’s baby arrived into this world. It was a surprise to everyone since he is six weeks early! Sawyer Rayvon Marks was born 5 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long! He is spending some time in the NICU but only as a precaution and to put on some weight. We visited on Sunday and both momma and baby are doing well! Sawyer was born exactly one month after Bentley! Bentley is excited to have a cousin and I am sure with them being so close in age they will be best friends! I showed Bentley a picture of Sawyer yesterday, in which he actually focused on the picture for a few seconds! We love you Sawyer!

Bentley went to the doctor yesterday and was given a clean bill of health. He now weighs 11 pounds and is 22 inches long! He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight, which is where he was when he was born, meaning he is growing exactly how he should be! (Jeremy told him when he gets in school we wont accept him being in the 75th percentile on things). Bentley has been growing and changing so fast! It is hard to believe he is already a month old! We are really beginning to figure out his likes and dislikes. He love tummy time and to sit in my lap while I read him books and sing to him (this is when he smiles the most)! He also really loves to sit up and to be outside! He tolerates the bouncy seat and swing! His dislikes…sleep (at night), but to be honest he is getting better at this, and being hot (we basically have to keep him in a tiny onsie because he gets so hot). Bentley has been sleeping for about 3 hour chunks at a time (which is a lot better than the hour chunks before). However, about 2 AM he will wake up and stay awake until 4 AM. He is meeting so many milestones with his development. He now makes noises other than crying, he coos and ahhs, they melt your heart when you hear them! He is getting better about holding his head up and picks it up and looks around when you are holding him. Bentley also makes crawling motions when he has tummy time and follows objects wit his eyes! Everyone tells us this is the most amazing time…and it truly is! I am just head over heals in love with this little boy!

I am still breastfeeding! It has not been an easy journey, but I am stubborn and refuse to give up! Things are improving. I now feel like we are getting the hang of it. We are still not out of the woods yet though. I am still probably going to have to has surgery and so that may change things (depending on what types of medicine I will be given and how long I wont be able to feed him for).Although, the doctors and nurses indicate I will still be able to breastfeed. I really do enjoy the bonding time I get to spend with Bentley while feeding him.

I don’t know how many times I can say this….boy, things sure have changed. Jeremy and I know that little man needs a bed time…even on the weekends! This means less late night socializing for us and more story time and lullabies. Jeremy and I are both adjusting to our new life well though. Jeremy even gets off work at a decent time these days! I am starting to feel like things are falling into place. During the day Bentley and I are starting to have a routine and I am able to do small tasks around the house.

I am still having trouble with my gallbladder. I have had several very painful attacks since my one I went into the ER for. Jeremy takes care of Bentley while I am having the attacks (thank goodness they have all happened while he was around). I try and avoid any food I think might make me have an attack, however, sometimes even things I don’t think will make me have an attack do. I go Thursday to have another ultrasound to see if they can find any stones. They are going to try the ultra sound again to try an avoid a test I would have to do where I wouldn’t be able to feed Bentley for a day or two. If they don’t find anything on this ultrasound though they will have to do the other test. Then Friday we go to the doctor to discuss what they find and our next steps. We are pretty positive I am going to have to have surgery. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to these things so you know I am in lots of pain when I say I hope that I get this thing out! Jeremy and I are hoping to have it taken out in the next week or two, we would like to have it done before Easter so I can eat yummy food at Easter. We also want to get me feeling better quickly so we can go to Pittsburgh to visit family!

This Friday is Jeremy’s birthday! We typically don’t make a big deal for birthdays but wanted to have a cookout and this was a reason to have a cookout! We are excited to spend the weekend with friends and family (especially because it is supposed to be 80 degrees this weekend)!





iv>


2 comments:

  1. He is absolutely adorable. Congrats! Breastfeeding does continue to get easier. I had a HORRIBLE experience for the first couple of months and I can honestly say that I am soo glad I continued. It is such a wonderful bond, and so easy and convenient now. Best of luck with your surgery and if you ever have an questions or need to vent I can definitely relate to the struggles of those early months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing so fast. He'll be walking before you know it. Enjoy this time with him.

    ReplyDelete